New Resources : Feast of Pentecost (English)
The Diocese has provided resources for the English-speaking faithful to understand and participate in the liturgical services for the Feast of Pentecost.
Note: There are 2 song handouts available. The abridged version does not include the canons/magnificat in song (as many parishes may just read these parts in prose). The full service is also provided below.
To print the booklet:
1) Save the pdf file to your computer
2) Open the pdf file and select "Print"
3) Under the option for Page Size & Handling select “Booklet”
4) Under the option for Booklet Subset select “Both Sides
5) Under Orientation, be sure to select “Auto-rotate pages within each sheet”
To help in learning the tunes, here are recordings of select hymns. You can download the songs by right-clicking on the desired songs and selecting "save link as".
1st Service of Kneeling
2nd Service of Kneeling
3rd Service of Kneeling
Special thanks to Sangeetha Thomas (St. Mary's, Farmer's Branch) who formatted the hymns handout and to Alan Alex (St. Gregorios, Dallas) who edited the recordings.
We pray that this may help our English-speaking faithful to sing and understand the meaningful liturgical hymns composed by our Church Fathers about the Feast of Pentecost.