- Diocese to celebrate the 4th blessed memory on beloved Barnabas Thirumeni on Sunday Dec, 11th.
- Our Faith — an educational ministry project of the DS-WA Department of Inter-Church Relations launched.
- Diocesan Center Chapel Fundraising Raffle Draw Kalpana
- Nativity Feast Kalpana from the Diocesan Metropolitan
- Malankara Syrian Christian Association to be held at Mar Elia Cathedral Complex Kottayam on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Houston area Ecumenical meeting of Indian origin parishes was held at Urshlem Diocesan Center, Beasley, Texas
- Rev. Fr. John Samuel to lead Dallas Area OCYM Live Symphony of Orthodox Liturgical Songs – La Moriyo Zegtho
- Diocesan Metropolitan visited St. Vladimir Theological Seminary, New York.
- His Grace Geevarghese Mor Coorilos Consecrated the new Church premises of St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Diocesan Metropolitan handed over Syrian Relief Contributions to Antiochian Archdiocese of North America.
- MGOCSM Council Members Appointment Kalpana & Registration Form
- Diocesan Counseling Department to host one day workshop on ‘The Church & Wellness’ in Chicago.
- Dr. Gabriel Mar Gregorios Metropolitan to lead Patron Saint Feast Day at Houston St. Gregorios.
- Holy Apostles Chapel Groundbreaking Ceremony held at Urshlem Diocesan Center, Beasley Texas
Diocesan Projects & Other Upcoming Events
- Diocesan Center Chapel Raffle Draw date changed to February 18th, 2017
- Johnny Mepratheril ( Houston ) appointed as Diocesan center chapel construction supervisor.
- DS-WA Department of Counseling Services - Survey Completion Request
- Shehimo ( Book of Common Prayer ) pre-order is now open! - Pre-orders will close on June 29th.
- Mar Barnabas Educational Award 2016 - Deadline August 25,2016
- 2016 Urshlem Summer Camp.
- Northwest Regional Family Conference to be held from 7th-10th, July 2016 at Vancouver.
- Diocesan Center Chapel Construction Status & Fundraising Raffle Updates
- Proposed Urshlem Aramana Chapel Elevations
Diocese to celebrate the 4th blessed memory on beloved Barnabas Thirumeni on Sunday Dec, 11th.
Our Faith — an educational ministry project of the Department of Inter-Church Relations
Diocesan Metropolitan handed over Syrian Relief Contributions to Antiochian Archdiocese
Mar Coorilos Consecrated the new Church premises of St. Gregorios Church, Mississauga, Ontario.
Diocesan Metropolitan visited St. Vladimir Theological Seminary, New York.
DS-WA Department of Counseling Services - Survey Completion Request
Dallas Area OCYM Conference: Saturday, July 16 from 1 PM to 7 PM
Pictures from MMVS Regional Conference held at Oklahoma
One Day Conference : Mental Health And The Church
Pictures from St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Chicago Consecration
Pictures from Dallas Area OCYM Conference
Picture Recap : 2016 Urshlem Men's Summer Camp.
First Apostolic visit of His Holiness Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Paulose II to Calgary , Canada.
Foundation stone laid for the new church building of St Gregorios Orthodox Church, Dallas
Rev. Fr. Thomas Mathai appointed as new chief editor of 'THE STREAM' online magazine.
West Region MMVS conference was held on Sep 10, 2016 at St Gregorios Church, San Francisco
Aramana Chapel Construction Contract Awarded to Josh Constructions LLC, Dallas
The Mission of the Malankara Orthodox Church in North America - His Grace Alexios Mar Eusebius
Diocesan Day Celebration pictures from St.Gregorios Orthodox Church, San Francisco
Mar Barnabas Educational Award 2016 - Deadline August 25,2016
H.H Baselios Marthoma Paulose II, Chief Celebrant for Chicago St. Thomas Church, Consecration.
Rev. Fr. Rajesh K. John appointed as General Convener for Houston Region Family Conference.
Northwest Regional Family Conference to be held from 7th-10th, July 2016 at Vancouver.
St. Thomas Orthodox Church Chicago - IL purchased new property
2016 Annual Clergy Conference and Diocesan Assembly Report
2016 Urshlem Summer Camp.
Diocesan Day to be celebrated Sunday, June 5th.
Rev. Fr. Raju Daniel appointed as General Convener of the Urshlem Chapel Fundraising Committee
Picture recap: 3rd Dallas Area Orthodox Convention
Diocesan Metropolitan to lead Holy Week services at St.Gregorios Cathedral , Chicago
Palm Sunday Pictures and from St.Gregorios Cathedral , Chicago
Feet washing service pictures from Chicago St. Gregorios Cathedral
Mar Barnabas Educational Award - Winners of 2015
2016 Urshlem Men's Summer Camp to be held from July 10 - July 17
South Region Family & Youth Conference 2016 - June 29 - July 2
Proposed Urshlem Aramana Chapel Elevations
3rd Dallas Area Orthodox Convention to be hosted at St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Dallas
Holy Church to celebrate Catholicate Day on Sunday March 13
Divya Bodhanam DOCE graduation- St Gregorios Orthodox Church , Elmhurst
Mar Theodosius and Mar Barnabas Episcopa from Marthoma Church visited the Diocesan Center in Beasley.
Oriental Orthodox Churches of Atlanta celebrated its 4th annual common Divine Liturgy in Atlanta
Diocesan Metropolitan and Clergies participated in the prayer service led by Pope Tawadrous II
Please pray for Chennai : Metropolitan Mar Eusebius
Diocese to observe the 3rd Dukhrono of His Grace Mathews Mar Barnabas
40th Memorial of Mar Baselius Augen Catholicos to be celebrated at Devalokam
Christmas Message from Diocesan Metropolitan His Grace Alexios Mar Eusebius
Pictures from temporary Consecration and Divine Liturgy at St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Kansas
Dallas area Clergies and lay leaders met H.H. Pope Tawadrous II
Diocesan Metropolitan to lay the foundation stone for St. Thomas Orthodox Community Center
Metropolitan Mar Eusebius to meet Egypt’s Pope Tawadros II.
Dn.Saju Varghese will assist Ministry of Liturgical Resource Development (LRD).
Pictures from St. Thomas Orthodox Church Phoenix Consecration held on Sep 18, 2015
MGOCSM News - Dallas Area Team Christ Camp
OVBS 2015 news and pictures from St. Gregorios Orthodox Church San Francisco
Pictures from St. Mary’s Orthodox Church, Oak Lawn retreat 2015
MGOCSM Regional Youth Conference held at St. Mary's Orthodox Parish, Calgary.
MGOCSM News - Houston Area Back to School Retreat
Dallas St. Mary’s COI wins the 2015 Dallas Regional MMVS Talent Competition
St. Mary's Orthodox Church, St. Louis Silver Jubilee Celebrations held on August 29th
MGOCSM Southeast Regional Retreat held at Camp Kulaqua in High Springs, Florida
Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland Regional MGOCSM Conference held at Goshen College Indiana
Pictures from 2015 Diocesan Family & Youth Conference
Mar Yulios to lead 2015 Calgary Orthodox Convention and Regional MGOCSM Conference.
Picture Recap from Summer Camp held at Urshlem Aramana
2015 Bai'tho Family Parish Conference pictures from St. Gregorios, Elmhurst Chicago
MMVS West Regional Conference and talent competition held on June 6th
MGOCSM Chicago Winter One-Day Retreat
St. Gregorios Orthodox Church of Kansas City Purchased New Property
The Sacrament of Holy Matrimony (English)
Picture Recap: Diocesan Metropolitan’s visit to St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Spokane.
Diocesan MMVS 6th Annual Conference held at Houston St. Thomas Cathedral.
St. Gregorios Malankara Orthodox Church, Cleveland Ohio purchased new property
LoveIndeed - A Charity Project of Diocese of South-West America
Draft copy of the proposed liturgical book submitted to Holy Synod
Dallas/Oklahoma Area Acolyte Training / Women's Ministry August 24th, 2013
Guidelines for Acolytes
Sign up for Mailing List
Prayer Ministry Line
Diocesan Prayer Ministry - English Prayer ‘SLOOTHO ’ - Every Tue 9.05 PM -9.35 PM (CST)
Mar Barnabas Educational Award 2016 - Deadline August 25,2016
December 1, 2016
"Urshlem" Diocesan Center- Beasley, Texas
The Sanctity of Marriage
We live in a world of sea change, and the human tendency is to experiment anything new that may appear as the norm. In recent times, much discussion and debate has taken place regarding abortion, contraception, same sex marriage, and much more. President Obama’s favorable attitude towards same sex marriage has stirred a hornets’ nest in the United States. In a newly emerging moral context, our faith is challenged and many are confused as how to conduct their lives.
Though the issue of same sex marriage has a long history it became prominent from around 1993, when the Hawaii Supreme Court ruled that the prohibition was unconstitutional. This lead to the formation of a new law, Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) that defined marriage as a legal union between a man and a woman and protected the interest of the states who wanted to restrict the marriage between Male and Female. DOMA defined the word “spouse” as a person of the opposite sex and accorded federal rights only to such a union. In 2013 the Supreme Court overturned this key provision of DOMA, declaring part of it unconstitutional because it "singleout a class of persons" for discrimination, by refusing to treat their marriages equally. This meant that if same sex couples were married legally in a state that recognizes same sex marriages, their marriage would be recognized by the federal government and they would get the same rights as a heterosexual marriage such as immigration rights, tax benefits, bedside hospital visitation rights etc.