Sunday of Hosannas – Palm Sunday (English)
The Diocese has provided resources for the English-speaking faithful to understand and participate in the Blessing of the Palm Leaves service for the Feast of our Lord’s Entry into Jerusalem (Palm Sunday). This Feast is celebrated on the beginning the Holy Week.
To print the booklet:
1) Save the pdf file to your computer
2) Open the pdf file and select "Print"
3) Under the option for Page Size & Handling select “Booklet”
4) Under the option for Booklet Subset select “Both Sides
5) Under Orientation, be sure to select “Auto-rotate pages within each sheet”
To help in learning the tunes, here are recordings of select hymns. You can download the songs by righ-clicking on the desired songs and selecting "save link as"..
- 01 - Procession Hymn (Who has made me to ascend)
- 02 - Emo Dkhitho (He whom the children)
- 03 - Quqliyon (O Lord our Lord)
- 04 - Quqliyon (O Jerusalem)
- 05 - Quqoyo (Elders told the children)
- 06 - Bo'utho of Mor Jacob (Holy, Holy, Holy)
- 07 - Zoomoro (The infants)
- 08a - Fethgomo
- 08b - Fethgomo
- 09 - HQ Quqoyo (Today, the Son of God)
- 10 - HQ Qatholiki (Holy, Holy)
- 11 - HQ Hutomo (Along with the young children)
Special thanks to Sangeetha Thomas (St. Mary’s Farmer’s Branch) who formatted the hymns handout.
We pray that this may help our English-speaking faithful to sing and understand the meaningful liturgical hymns composed by our Church Fathers about the Feast of our Lord’s Entry into Jerusalem (Sunday of Hosannas).