The Diocese has provided resources for the English-speaking faithful to understand and participate in the Nativity Service.
Click here to open/download the Nativity Service Booklet
To print the booklet:
1) Save the pdf file to your computer
2) Open the pdf file and select "Print"
3) Under the option for Page Size & Handling select “Booklet”
4) Under the option for Booklet Subset select “Both Sides
5) Under Orientation, be sure to select “Auto-rotate pages within each sheet”
To help in learning the tunes, here are recordings of select hymns. You can download the songs by right-clicking on the desired songs and selecting "save link as".
Nativity Evening (Ramsho)
Nativity Compline (Soutoro)
Nativity Night (Lilio)
- Eniyono (O Lover of Man)
- 1st Watch Eqbo (Glory To You)
- 1st Watch Qolo 1 (Mary Said)
- 1st Watch Qolo 2 (I Am Not Able)
- 1st Watch Madrosho (Who Is Able)
- 1st Watch Qolo 3 (Behold the Bless'd)
- 2nd Watch Qolo 1 (Mary Carried)
- 2nd Watch Qolo 2 (The Watchers)
- 2nd Watch Madrosho (Blessed is Mary)
- 2nd Watch Qolo 3 (O Come You)
- 2nd Watch B'outo
- 3rd Watch Eqbo
- 3rd Watch Qolo
- 3rd Watch B'outo
Nativity Morning (Safro)
Nativity 3rd Hour
Nativity Service at the Fire (Theejwala) & Exaltation of the Cross (Sleeba Agosham)
Special thanks to Dn. Pradeep Hatcher (St. Gregorios Mission Parish, Spokane, WA) for versifying the English prose into hymns and formatting/compiling the book, and to Mr. Alan Alex (St. Gregorios, Dallas), who edited the audio recordings.
We pray that this may help our English-speaking faithful to sing and understand the meaningful liturgical hymns composed by our Church Fathers about the Nativity of our Lord. Christ is born! Glorify Him!