The Diocese has provided resources for the English-speaking faithful to understand and participate in the liturgical services for the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony.
Click here to open/download:
To print the booklet:
1) Save the pdf file to your computer
2) Open the pdf file and select "Print"
3) Under the option for Page Size & Handling select “Booklet”
4) Under the option for Booklet Subset select “Both Sides
5) Under Orientation, be sure to select “Auto-rotate pages within each sheet”
To help in learning the tunes, here are recordings of select hymns. You can download the songs by right-clicking on the desired songs and selecting "save link as".
English Wedding Hymns
- 01 Bless'd Is He
- 02 My Heart Overflows
- 03 When The Heavenly
- 04 I The Church
- 05 May God Who Blessed
- 06 May The King Rejoice (Modhikatte)
- 07 How Beautiful Are You (Sundarikalil)
- 08 Pethgomo (Halleluia)
- 09 When The Holy Church Witnessed (Vanya Sleeba)
- 10 Crowning (Vaneenudayon)
- 11 The Cross Is The Sign (Shubha Chinnam)
- 12 O Great Gardener (Aeden Thottam)
The English tones were patterned after the Syriac tones taught by Rev. Fr. N. K. Koruthu Malpan
Malayalam Wedding Hymns by Rev. Fr. N.K. Koruthu Malpan
Special thanks to Jibin George (St. Thomas, Houston) who formatted the booklet and cover, Anju Varghese (St. Thomas, Houston) who helped with the recordings, and to Alan Alex (St. Gregorios, Dallas) who edited the recordings
We pray that this may help our English-speaking faithful to sing and understand the meaningful liturgical hymns composed by our Church Fathers about the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony.